We are a network of associations and institutions representing Costume & Production Designers from all over Europe, as well as other artists and professionals working for Production and Costume Design.
We first met in Paris in June 2016, then in Rome during November 2017, and finally held our General Assembly of Inception in Berlin during November 2018. Our principle aims are:
- to use our professional network to meet, to exchange ideas and knowledge at a European level
- to promote our professions and defend our rights and accomplishments
- to actively promote and support initiatives towards race-, gender- and pay-equality and to fight against any form of abuse in the audiovisual industry
- to support our crafts and tools and create a vivid exchange with our educational institutions
- to create European activities and publications and make our professions visible to colleagues of the other departments as well as the public
- to exchange and collaborate with FERA, IMAGO, OISTAT and similar initiatives on common projects
Our next meeting shall be in Vienna during November 2019. If you are interested to join us, please send us an email.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Invited by french association ADC, the following production designers from Austria, France, Germany and Italy (Switzerland and Great Britain could not come) met at the Femis in Paris, to discuss the pros and cons of the creation of a European federation:
AT: VÖF (Christoph Kanter, Alexandra Maringer), DE: VSK (Maximilan Lange, Olivier Meidinger), FR: ADC (William Abello, Michel Barthelemy, Riton Dupire-Clement, Anne Seibel, Valerie Valero), FR: MAD (Pauline Bourdon, Laurent Tesseyre), IT: ASC (Alida Cappellini, Giovanni Licheri, Valeria Paolini).
Responding to a call by the Italian association ASC, representatives form 6 countries / 7 organisations came together at Cinecittà, where we discussed all this more profoundly, and set up the basic guidelines for the federation’s creation:
AT: VÖF (Birgit Hutter, Alexandra Maringer), CH: SSFV (Monica Rottmeyer), DE: VSK (Maximilian Lange), DK: DS (Sarah Maria Fritsche, Anja Wessel), FR: ADC (Michel Barthelemy, Chloé Cambournac, Laure Lepelley- Monbillard), FR: MAD (Stéphanie Bertrand, Laurent Tesseyre), IT: ASC (Livia Borgognoni, Giovanni Licheri, Anna Lombardi, Carlo Poggioli).
The following organisations could not come to Rome: FI: TEME, FR: UDS, GB: BFDG, PT: APCEN.
Berlin 2018 :
We were 27 artists from 11 countries / 13 organisations uniting at our first General Assembly, to finish our statutes and elect the members of our Executive Board. More information soon.